Seriously Leo Tunapika?

Naming this blog leo tunapika wasn’t by chance. This is a daily question and on Tuesday this week it was no different. We had to attend a meeting in the evening so that meant we’d reach home a bit late. On top of that I just didn’t feel like cooking…yep!! It happens to all of us.

Buying take away wasn’t an option and neither was sleeping hungry. I entered the house clueless on what to prepare (bearing in mind I wasn’t up to it). Hubby wasn’t of much help since he just said he’ll eat whatever I’ll cook O-o.

So, lemme begin by saying that there was some leftover ugali in the fridge so I sort of had something to work with. I also had an extra packet of milk. I decided to simply warm the milk and the ugali, separately of course then fry some eggs. (finally a solution).

leftover ugali

This meal took at most 10 minutes to put together.

For the eggs, I cooked 2 per stomach 🙂

Ingredients:

for each plate

1/2 tablespoon finely chopped onion

1/2 tablespoon finely diced bell better

1 tablespoon dried parsley

salt to taste

oil for frying

Heat some oil in the pan.Let the oil heat completely this will ensure the egg doesn’t stick to the pan, thus ease when flipping it over.

In a cup with the eggs, beat in the ingredients.

the eggs

Then fry the egg.

there you go

Once the bottom side is fully cooked, according your preference, we like it well done, flip it over. I’m excited to say I successfully flipped over an egg *yippee*.

the omelette

Garnish with some chopped onion and tomato.

Hubby’s plate.

Just for fun, I scrambled my eggs. They had the same ingredients as the ones for hubby.

Scrambled eggs

Enjoyed with a glass of warm milk.

got milk?

In my position what would you have cooked?