Minty Mango and Beets Salad with Honey Vinaigrette Dressing

It’s mango season and how about a refreshing salad. I got the inspiration for this salad after I attended a wedding back in December. The salad is very easy to prepare and the dressing just brings it home. The ingredients needed are just a handful. The majority of the time will be used in cooking the beets but that’s totally worth it. I love this salad so much that I make it twice every week. It’s a great way to enjoy beets. Dare I say even my 5 and 4 year olds are eating the beets. Yay! To cook the beets, clean them first then trim the root and stem. Then add in a sufuria and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil then let it simmer for 25-30 minutes. This time will differ depending on the size of the beetroot. Alternatively, you can coat with some little oil, wrap with aluminium foil and bake in the oven for 45 minutes until done. The beets are ready when you can easily poke with a knife.
Beets
Done
Now to make the dressing. In a jar combine the honey, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt, black pepper and mint. Close the jar then shake to emulsify. The apple cider vinegar can be replaced with lemon juice.
The dressing
Honey vinaigrette
In a bowl combine the mango and beet cubes, toss and drizzle over the dressing and more fresh mint leaves. Serve and enjoy. Absolutely delicious. Minty mango and beets salad.
Do give this recipe a try.

Minty Mango and Beets Salad with Honey Vinaigrette Dressing

• 2 medium sized beetroots, cooked and cut into cubes
  • 2 ripe mangoes , apple mango or tomy, peeled and cubed
  • 4 stalks fresh mint
  • for the dressing

• 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
  • Salt
  • Black pepper

To cook the beetroot, wash and trim the ends. Put in a sufuria and cover with water.

Bring to a boil then simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until the beetroot can be pierced with a knife easily.

Run the cooked beetroot under cold water and remove the peels. Allow to cool then cut into cubes.

In a bowl, add the mango and beetroot.

To prepare the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a jar, close the jar then shake to emulsify.

Drizzle over the mango and beets and add the chopped mint leaves.

Toss and serve immediately.

Enjoy.