Chocolate Banana Pops

Keeping with the Adventurous cook club challenges, this time round a quick and easy dessert recipe, chocolate banana pops.
This recipe was inspired by some pins I saw on pinterest.

Only a handful of ingredients needed.

bananapops1

Of course no dessert is complete without chocolate 🙂

The banana pops are made of actual ripe but firm bananas. Slice then into 3 inch thick slices and stick a toothpick, popsicle stick or wooden skewer at the centre of the banana. Pop them in the freezer for at least 2 hours.

bananapops2

Once the bananas are frozen, we can prepare the chocolate.

Roughly chop the chocolate and melt it either using a microwave or a double boiler.

bananapops3

I used the double boiler method.

bananapops4 bananapops5

Once the chocolate is melted, coat the bananas with the chocolate and pile on the toppings.

bananapops7

You can go crazy with the toppings, I used sprinkles and chopped almonds.

bananapops6

You can either serve immediately or pop them back in the freezer for later.

bananapops8

Chocolate Banana Pops

• 3 ripe and firm bananas
  • Dark chocolate
  • Sprinkles
  • Almonds
  • Toothpicks/ popsicle sticks or wooden sticks

Slice the bananas into 3 inch thick slices and insert a toothpick/popsicle stick or wooden skewer.

Place them on a parchement covered plate and freeze for two hours or until the bananas are frozen.

Once frozen, prepare the chocolate dipping sauce.

Melt the chocolate using a microwave or double boiler.

Dip each banana pop in the melted chocolate and sprinkle over the desired toppings.

Serve and Enjoy.