Mango Salsa

Tis the season to eat mangoes!
It’s mango season here in Kenya, so I’m making the most of it by incorporating mangoes in my meals.
This salsa is a delightful change from the regular kachumbari.

The ingredients.

image

In a bowl, mix in all your ingredients.
Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.

image

Goodness!!! Delicious doesn’t begin to describe this salad. I made it two days in a row and on the second day we just ate the salad as it is.
I served it with some flour dusted tilapia fillet.
image

Enjoy!!

Mango Salsa

• 1 ripe mango, peeled, pithed and cubed
  • 1/2 medium sized cucumber, cubed
  • 1/2 medium sized red onion, finely chopped
  • 3 tablespoons dhania, finely chopped
  • Juice of one lemon
  • Salt and pepper to taste

In a bowl mix in all the ingredients.

Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.

Enjoy as a salad or on it's own.

Yum!

NOVEMBER
NOVEMBER
When you have all the ingredients on hand, magic ensues.

This is my take on an elevated hot dog.

Used cheese krainers from @taliofoodco , brown samoons from @carrefourkenya

Then some arugula.

The mustard is totally optional.

What are you adding in your elevated hot dog?
When you have all the ingredients on hand, magic ensues. This is my take on an elevated hot dog. Used cheese krainers from @taliofoodco , brown samoons from @carrefourkenya I also cooked some onions, they weren't fully caramelised as I didn't want to spend so much time in the kitchen. For avocado, I smashed it with the back of a spoon. I didn't add any salt as the cheese krainer is sufficient. Then some arugula. The mustard is totally optional. Since the krainer is cheesy, when you bit into it you get some cheesy goodness which is such a pleasant surprise. What are you adding in your elevated hot dog?

1. Pingback: Flour Dusted Tilapia