Scotch Eggs

This is the one the  first recipes I’ve ever tried. The first time I made these I was either in my second or third year of high school. It seems that I have always had an interest in cooking. I had borrowed a home science text book from one of my class mates and I found this recipe. It’s pretty easy. I made it for my brothers and they loved it.

Fast forward to present time, I don’t know what I was thinking about but somehow this recipe came back to me. I just had to make it for hubby. The original recipe requires one to deep fry, yeah! In case I’ve never mentioned it here let me do so now. I despise deep frying. Mainly because it’s extremely unhealthy and secondly, I’m left wondering what I can do with the residual oil other than frying eggs or what not. That said, I didn’t deep fry rather I opted to shallow fry.

Ingredients:

3 beef sausages

1 tablespoon breadcrumbs

1 tablespoon dried parsley leaves

2  eggs

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Serves 2 people

Start by boiling the eggs.

Now to prepare the sausage coating.

In a bowl pour in the sausage meat. Using a small knife cut through the casing of the sausage then scrap off the meat.

Add the breadcrumbs and the dried parsley.

2013-06-16 07.03.12

Combine well.

Once the eggs are boiled, drain the hot water, shock the eggs with some running cold water then shell them.

2013-06-16 07.10.46

Coat the eggs with the sausage meat mixture. Ensure that no part of the egg is visible.

2013-06-16 07.13.54

Heat the oil in a pan then fry. Turn it around to ensure it cooks evenly.

2013-06-16 07.20.42

Cook till golden and appears crispy. Remove them onto a paper towel covered plate.

Serve and enjoy with your morning beverage of choice, a side of toasted bread with some honey.

2013-06-16 08.01.17