Homemade Chocolate

Who doesn’t love chocolate? You there, put your hand down. Anyway, this is a recipe I found on you tube and I thought it would come in handy especially for guys who love baking with chocolate. You can also eat the chocolate.

The recipe is pretty easy and takes a short while to do well not taking into account the time need to freeze the chocolate.

Ingredients:

125 g vegetable shortening also known as vegetable fat

125 g confectioner’s sugar

6 tablespoons cocoa powder

4 tablespoons powdered milk (full cream)

powered milk, confectioner's sugar and cocoa powder
powered milk, confectioner’s sugar and cocoa powder

Start by sifting all the dry ingredients in a bowl.

sifted dry ingredients
sifted dry ingredients

Over low heat, gently melt the vegetable shortening.

vegetable shortening melting
vegetable shortening melting

Pour the melted vegetable shortening over the dry ingredients.

DSC08467

Stir it up.

Drip drip
Drip drip

Finally line a  baking tray with grease proof paper then pour the chocolate and put it in the freezer to set.

As usual, forgot to take the ends pictures. Sorry. Anyway, once the chocolate is set, you can munch away. To make it even more exciting, before putting it in the freezer you can add some chopped nuts either peanuts or cashews or hazelnuts to the chocolate then freeze. For the some fruits you can add dried sultanas or raisins.

Look out for the next post, and see how I used my chocolate in the frosting of a black forest cake.

1. Pingback: Page not found | Leo Tunapika?