Feeling Lazy? Bake Some Fish

Some days back, I was feeling kinda lazy and I needed to prepare supper. We had some leftover ugali and veggies so I just need to cook some fish and dinner would be done.

I didn’t want the task of flipping over the fish in the pan so I thought of baking. Baking is so hands off since you just pop the food in the oven, set the timer then you go on to do other things like paint your nails with green nail polish ­čÖé

This recipe is pretty simple. You can choose to substitute with the herbs/spices you have on hand. I guess the mandatory ingredient is the fish fillet not forgetting the salt.

Start by greasing your baking dish wish some butter or one tablespoon of vegetable oil. I used butter.

greased dish
greased dish

Remember to pre heat your oven at 370┬║F.

Cut the fish fillets in big chunks, then salt it on all sides.

salt the fish

Grate the zest of one lemon over the greased dish.

zesty
zesty

Sprinkle about one tablespoon of dried parsley leaves. Place the fish chunks on the dish. Sprinkle the top with another tablespoon of the dried parsley, some lemon zest about a tablespoon. Finally I added some fresh sprigs of rosemary for flavour.

herbed
herbed

Pop it in the oven, set the timer for 15 minutes.

I turned the fish just once to enable the other side to cook.

not the bottom side has turned white, signs that it has cooked.
not the bottom side has turned white, signs that it has cooked.

Bake it for 10 more minutes.

Serve while hot, garnish with some lemon slices.

tada