Friendship, Pork and Banana Cupcakes, oh and smoothies

Two Saturdays ago, As I was on my way home from town I decide to  whatsapp my friend Brendah. I asked her to come over we bake banana muffins… well they ended up as cupcakes O-o. While still on the road, my friend Mercy texts to find out if I’m in the house.  I tell her that I’ll be arriving in the next 30 minutes, so she says she’ll stop by. So just like that it turns into an evening full of great laughs.

Mercy arrives first, finds me busy preparing for dinner. I had decided to try out a pork recipe I’d seen on Chef Raphael’s page. The recipe is pretty simple and by the looks of the photo that the chef had uploaded it also looked delicious.

Have I mentioned that the lights were also acting up, going on and off after every 5 minutes? That’s Kenya Power for you.

For the pork, this is what you’ll need;

1/2 kg pork tenderloins

1 onion chopped

1 garlic clove chopped

3 carrots

1 green pepper

Soy sauce

1 tbsp vegetable oil

Heat the oil in a sufuria then add in the pork.

Stir, then cover to let the pork cook.

At this time Brendah had arrived. she found Mercy seated on a stool in the kitchen. Mercy isn’t much of a cooking girl but on the other hand Brendah loves to cook. What i love about these girls other than that they are my good friends is that they are full of life and they speak their minds.

Brendah got straight into making the banana cupcakes batter while Mercy filled us with stories.

Back to the pork. After cooking for about 15 minutes it will be filled with favourful pork juices.

Add the carrots.

Let the carrots cook down until there’s no more liquid. Then add the onions and garlic.

After the onions have cooked add the green pepper and sprinkle about a tablespoon of soy sauce. Stir, let it cook for 2 minutes or so. Serve as desired. I serve over steamed white rice.

By the time the pork was done, Brendah has finished making the batter and we popped the cupcakes into the oven. I’ll link the recipe in the next post.

Mercy is allergic to eggs so for her cakes/muffins are a no no. So whenever we go for weddings I like sitting next to her when they are serving cake so that she can give me her piece. What are friends for?

Since she wasn’t going to eat the muffins, we decided to make smoothies. Spontaneity in the kitchen.

Brendah and Mercy
Brendah and Mercy

The ladies, chatting away.

The pork was delicious. I have cooked it once more since then.