Foodie Pen pals: November

So there’s this program called Foodie Pen pals. Basically it’s like the pen pals we had in school, the only different and fun part is you don’t just share notes/letters you also share food stuffs. Exciting.

Cici of foodie in the desert stumbled on the blog with the original idea and thought it would be awesome if we’d try such a thing in Kenya. After all the legal nitty gritties we started the Kenya edition. She got the details of interested people and paired us up.

This month, I was to send Wairimu of Deeper than my Kitchen a foodie package while i received one from Millie of Millie’s Little Palace.

Anyway, so Millie emails me and asks for my info and she tells me that the package will arrive on Monday 26th at 5:30. She lives in Thika, so she sent the package via Chania bus courier services.

After work, I head to town, the Chania bus offices are at Tusker, some building on the 1st floor. After looking for the stairs for like 5 minutes I finally locate and go up. The place looked strange, I even whispered a prayer. I locate the offices,l give my ID and viola I’m given a package. It felt heavy. ­čÖé I immediately┬ácall Millie and thank her for the package.

On my way home with hubby, I can’t help but wonder what’s in the package. I decided to open it, For those who know me, you must know I love opening gifts. You should have seen me after my wedding. I opened those wedding gifts like crazy.

The smile on my face after seeing what was inside was a sure sign that I loved everything.

Apricot jam, raisins and canned pineapples

After getting home, we opened one can of the pineapples. Excitement!! Very delicious!

Canned Pineapples

Due to my excitement, I forgot to take a photo of the goodies whilst in the packaging but here is the paper bag in which they came in,

Thika
Thanks Millie

I can’t wait to use the apricot jam. As for the raisins, you’ll get to see them in one of my baked goods.

Thanks Millie for the package.

I can’t wait for next month’s pairing.

In case you are interested in joining the foodie pen pal programme you can visit here.

1. Pingback: Foodie Pen pals plus more | Leo Tunapika?