Guacamole

Guacamole is an avocado based sauce. It originated with the Aztecs in Mexico.

So, I bought some avocados a while back and one thing I know about avocados is that they tend to all ripen at the same time, so if you have many on hand it’s best you share with a neighbour lest you end up throwing some out.

My hubby loves avocados and this love is what made me buy them. I like them too though not in smoothies/juices. I prefer eating them with food or in sandwiches but not in fruit salads, weird?

I can’t seem to remember what I’d prepared for dinner that night but I also made some guacamole to go with the meal.

The beautiful thing with this salad is that it can be done in so many ways as long as you have the avocado to begin with. It’s pretty easy to do.

Ingredients:

1 medium sized avocado

Juice of one lemon

1 medium sized onion finely chopped

2 cloves of garlic grated – optional

2 tomatoes diced

A bunch of coriander/dhania chopped

Salt to taste

Cut and seed the avocado. In a bowl, roughly mash the avocado. To prevent the avocado from turning dark sprinkle the lemon juice. I have tried this tip and I can attest to its success.

Next add in the onions and garlic.

onions and garlic
onions (well not so finely chopped) and garlic

Add the tomatoes

colour splash
colour splash

Add the chopped dhania, season with salt then mix all the ingredients together.

DSC06906

It’s best served chilled.

Again you can tweak it to your taste.

Hubby loved it, though he didn’t like the raw garlic taste so I guess next time no garlic for me.

1. Pingback: Chicken Quesadillas | Leo Tunapika?

2. Pingback: Vegetable Pilau | Leo Tunapika?