Mango and Tree Tomato Smoothie

A while back my loving mother in law sent my husband with some tree tomatoes/ tamarillos (matunda ya damu) . I had a mango that didn’t seem sweet and since I had some vanilla yoghurt in the fridge I decided to make a smoothie. Well with my excitement of inventing a smoothie I forgot to take photos.

So last week as I was doing my grocery shopping I saw some tree tomatoes on sale and I just had to buy.

Ingredients:

1 ripe mango, peeled and diced

3 tree tomatoes

400ml vanilla yoghurt

In a blender add in the mangoes.

mango and yoghurt

I should mention, hubby was making the smoothie as per my directions as I was busy doing other chores, (multi tasker). So hubby dearest had even forgotten about the tree tomatoes, luckily I was quick to ask if he had added them 🙂

tree tomatoes

When making smoothies with tree tomatoes, I prefer using vanilla yoghurt, just for the sole purpose of colour change.

The colour splash is just amazing

Blend for 2 minutes and voila.

Chill in the fridge.

Smoothies are also great as a quick breakfast.

Verdict:

Delicious

If I could do it over again:

Reduce the number of tree tomatoes to 2 or even 1 the taste completely overshadowed the mango… oh well, still tasted great.

PS. I forgot to mention, I had some strawberries that looked a bit lifeless so I asked hubby to throw them in.

So it should be strawberry, mango and tree tomato smoothie.

NOVEMBER
NOVEMBER
When you have all the ingredients on hand, magic ensues.

This is my take on an elevated hot dog.

Used cheese krainers from @taliofoodco , brown samoons from @carrefourkenya

Then some arugula.

The mustard is totally optional.

What are you adding in your elevated hot dog?
When you have all the ingredients on hand, magic ensues. This is my take on an elevated hot dog. Used cheese krainers from @taliofoodco , brown samoons from @carrefourkenya I also cooked some onions, they weren't fully caramelised as I didn't want to spend so much time in the kitchen. For avocado, I smashed it with the back of a spoon. I didn't add any salt as the cheese krainer is sufficient. Then some arugula. The mustard is totally optional. Since the krainer is cheesy, when you bit into it you get some cheesy goodness which is such a pleasant surprise. What are you adding in your elevated hot dog?