Quick Fix: Sweet and Savoury rice

Yet another meal made from leftover rice. I like working with leftover rice since there are a variety of dishes that one can whip up in under 30 minutes.

I had bought a whole broiler chicken some time back, I decided to fillet the breast and keep them for later. With the rice leftover, I got a brilliant idea to combine it with the chicken, something like a chicken fried rice…:-D

Ingredients:

Chicken tenders cut into strips

Leftover rice

Dried rosemary and oregano leaves

Pineapple cut into chunks

Black pepper

Salt

Oil for frying

In a skillet add in your oil, then through in the chicken strips together with the dried herbs, salt and pepper.

Keep stirring to avoid it sticking to the pan.

chicken in the pan..sizzle sizzle

No need to cook them for long, since the strips are pretty thin , ensure they are well spread out on the pan and within no time they are done.

my hands were a bit shaky. Add in the rice

The yellow colour in the rice is turmeric. I had steamed the rice with some turmeric and parsley, more flavour.

You just want the rice to get heated then add in the pineapple chunks , stir and serve.

monochromatic food ­čÖé

Verdict:

First of all, hubby couldn’t believe dinner was done in under 30 minutes.

He loved it. From eating pizzas I have realised that oregano combines well with pineapple. The food was both sweet and savoury. I’ll definitely try this again.

Who knew one can prepare a complete meal without onions?