Egg Sandwich

This Saturday was a bit different, I woke up a bit late and I had no clue of what to prepare for hubby as he was going to work. Luckily, I had some bread, eggs and dhania so I decided to make a simple egg sandwich.

Ingredients:

6 slices of bread

Margarine/ Butter

3 hard boiled eggs

A handful of fresh coriander/ dhania leaves

Black pepper

Salt

Some dried herbs

The only time consuming part of this recipe is the boiling of the eggs.

Place the eggs in a sufuria with water and bring the water and eggs to a boil. I don’t have a measure of knowing if they are fully done, I just give them 15 minutes to boil.

Since, we are yet to acquire a toaster, I toasted the bread the ‘kienyeji’ way.

boring looking bread

Apply margarine or butter on the bread then place it in a pan, butter side down. Wait for around 2-3 minutes and voila, your bread will be toasted and all crusty. Repeat this for all the slices, just toasting one side, or you can do both for more crunchiness, I just did one side.

Set the bread aside:

The charred parts are the most crunchy

At this point the eggs are done, drain over running water, let them cool then remove the shells.

The hard boiled eggs and dhania

Chop the eggs and put in a bowl and add the chopped dhania. In case you have fresh parsley you substitute the dhania with it.

Yummy

Season with salt, black pepper and dried herbs, I used sage though parsely would be more preferable.

Then assemble the sandwich.

Take two slices of the toasted bread fill the insides with the egg and dhania mixture and voila breakfast is served.

Doesn’t it look yummy?

Verdict:

It was a hit :-). Hubby loved it, mentioning that he didn’t know hard boiled eggs could be served like that #WIN.

If I could do it over again.

I’m not sure I’d change anything I loved the taste and the simplicity of the sandwich and it was quite filling. Perhaps, subtitute the dhania with parsley and try adding some more ingredients perhaps some fried onions.

What do you think?

NOVEMBER
NOVEMBER
When you have all the ingredients on hand, magic ensues.

This is my take on an elevated hot dog.

Used cheese krainers from @taliofoodco , brown samoons from @carrefourkenya

Then some arugula.

The mustard is totally optional.

What are you adding in your elevated hot dog?
When you have all the ingredients on hand, magic ensues. This is my take on an elevated hot dog. Used cheese krainers from @taliofoodco , brown samoons from @carrefourkenya I also cooked some onions, they weren't fully caramelised as I didn't want to spend so much time in the kitchen. For avocado, I smashed it with the back of a spoon. I didn't add any salt as the cheese krainer is sufficient. Then some arugula. The mustard is totally optional. Since the krainer is cheesy, when you bit into it you get some cheesy goodness which is such a pleasant surprise. What are you adding in your elevated hot dog?