strawberry-lemonade-leotunapika

Thirsty Thursday: Strawberry Lemonade

Out with the lemonade and in comes strawberry lemonade.

Refreshing drink, perfect for a sunny afternoon after a lovely meal.

A combo of freshly squeezed lemon juice and strawberries.

I enjoy having lemonade especially when eating out and I figured I should try making some at home. Instead of the usual lemonade, why not throw in some juicy strawberries and make strawberry lemonade?

strawberry-lemonade-leotunapika

Start with juicing your lemons. I used a food processor, you can choose to use one or squeeze the lemons by hand or use a lemon reamer.

Just half the lemons horizontally then juice away.

strawberry-lemonade-leotunapika

strawberry-lemonade-leotunapika

It’s a bit ridiculous the amount of lemon juice yielded from the lemons. Anyway the lemon juice is pretty concentrated and will go perfectly with the strawberries.

Don’t you just love it when all your strawberries are plump and juicy? I sure do.

strawberry-lemonade-leotunapika

Now for the final part, in a blender combine the strawberries,lemon juice, water and your sweetener of choice. I used a combination of honey and sugar.

I wanted to avoid using a lot of sugar hence the use of honey, if you are anti sugar you can leave it out and just use honey.

The honey also adds a lovely twist to the end result. My husband says that the the touch of honey in the strawberry lemonade reminded him of ukwaju (tamarind) juice.

strawberry-lemonade-leotunapika

Once blended, pour out the strawberry lemonade into a pitcher and combine with the rest of the water. Adjust the sweetness if need be. that is if it’s too sweet you can add more water or add more honey/sugar if it’s a bit bitter.

Chill and serve over some ice cubes.

strawberry-lemonade-leotunapika

So when someone hands you lemons, don’t just make lemonade,make Strawberry lemonade.

Thirsty Thursday: Strawberry Lemonade

• 1 cup lemon juice, about 6 lemons
  • 250g strawberries, washed, hulled and halved
  • 4 cups water
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup sugar

In a blender, add the halved strawberries, lemon juice,2 cups of water, sugar and honey.

Blend until combined.

Pour out the strawberry lemonade into a pitcher and add the rest of the water.

Adjust sweetness if necessary.

For best results serve it chilled.

One Comment

1. Pingback: Soko Saturday: Ruiru Market - Leo Tunapika?