Cumin and Rosemary Chicken

Finally I put a post. I am so excited. I have been gone for quite a while and with good reason.

For starters, we got a new addition to the Leo tunapika? household. My hubby and I were blessed with a beautiful baby girl who has been keeping us busy.

Secondly, we sorta moved to the bundus and getting great internet connection has been an uphill task, I don’t get why Zuku hasn’t reached here yet. Anyway what matters is that I can finally blog.

I have found myself hosting on various occasions and since my time is spread out thin I prefer baking.

This recipe is pretty easy and almost hands free. You can choose to use a different combination of spices and herbs. It requires only a handful of ingredients.

cumin chicken1

Ensure you pre heat the oven.

Line your baking tray with  some foil  and lightly grease then sprinkle over the cumin seeds and the dried rosemary leaves. Be generous.

cumin chicken2

I worked with various chicken pieces however the same recipe can work if you are using only drumsticks or thighs.

Lay the chicken pieces on the tray and coat with the spices. Then place them with the skin side up.

cumin chicken3

Finally sprinkle over salt and some freshly black ground pepper.

Bake for 25 minutes.

cumin chicken4

After 25 minutes, turn over the chicken pieces so that they cook on the other side. This will take roughly 15 minutes. Once done, to test if the chicken is cooked, pierce the thickest part of the biggest chicken part, if the juices run clear then the chicken is ready.

Serve and enjoy.

cumin chicken5

Crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Ensure you don’t let it overcook lest the inside becomes dry.

The cumin adds a lovely touch to the chicken.

I served with some roast potatoes and kachumbari.

cumin chicken7

cumin chicken9

Go ahead and try it out.

cumin chicken11

Cumin and Rosemary Chicken

• Cumin seeds as required
  • Dried rosemary leaves ass required
  • 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
  • Oil
  • Salt and pepper to tasste

Pre heat your oven at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C)

Line your baking try with foil and lightly grease it.

Generously sprinkle over the cumin seeds and the dried rosemary leaves.

Coat the chicken pieces with the spices and lay them on the tray skin side up.

Bake the chicken pieces at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes.

Flip and cook the chicken for an additional 15 minutes.

The chicken is ready when the juices from the thickest part of the chicken when pierced run clear.

Serve and enjoy.