Chicken in Groundnut Sauce

After making the groundnut sauce, I figured it would be ideal if I paired it with chicken. Since the sauce is so rich, I just sauteed the chicken in very little oil  and seasoned with salt and black pepper. The sauce is the star of the meal and I did not want anything else stealing its spotlight.

In a wok add very little oil,  heat it up and add the chicken. I used boneless chicken breasts.

Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

chicken1

chicken2

Saute the chicken. First it will turn white and then start to lightly brown. The idea is to cook the chicken completely then add in the groundnut sauce.

chicken3

chicken4

chicken5

Add your prepared groundnut sauce.

chicken6My sauce was very thick so I added some little hot water to thin it out.

Stir and allow the sauce to come to a gentle boil.

chicken7

Once heated, turn off the heat and sprinkle over some chopped dhania and stir.

chicken8

Serve and enjoy.

chicken9

Chicken in Groundnut Sauce

• 2 boneless chicken breasts cut into chunks
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Groundnut sauce as required
  • Hot water, optional
  • A handful of dhania roughly chopped
  • Oil

In a wok, saute the boneless chicken with little oil.

Season with salt and pepper.

Saute until the chicken is lightly browned and cooked.

Add the groundnut sauce, in case it is too thick add some hot water to thin it out.

Stir and let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes.

Turn off the heat and sprinkle over the dhania.

Serve and enjoy.

NOVEMBER
NOVEMBER
When you have all the ingredients on hand, magic ensues.

This is my take on an elevated hot dog.

Used cheese krainers from @taliofoodco , brown samoons from @carrefourkenya

Then some arugula.

The mustard is totally optional.

What are you adding in your elevated hot dog?
When you have all the ingredients on hand, magic ensues. This is my take on an elevated hot dog. Used cheese krainers from @taliofoodco , brown samoons from @carrefourkenya I also cooked some onions, they weren't fully caramelised as I didn't want to spend so much time in the kitchen. For avocado, I smashed it with the back of a spoon. I didn't add any salt as the cheese krainer is sufficient. Then some arugula. The mustard is totally optional. Since the krainer is cheesy, when you bit into it you get some cheesy goodness which is such a pleasant surprise. What are you adding in your elevated hot dog?

1. Pingback: Fried Plantain | Leo Tunapika?