Oven Fries

I love potatoes, I absolutely love potatoes, I am overly obsessed with potatoes! Now that we have that out of the way, lemme share with you a very simple and healthier way to have your fries. It’s super convenient too.

I try to live a healthy lifestyle and this normally translates to how I prepare food. I generally prefer baking, pan frying to deep frying. Seeing that fries or chips  are normally deep fried, I figured it would be great if I tried baking them. By all means this is not a new invention, there are plenty of recipes online for oven fries, this is just my take.

Actually when I shared this recipe with my friend Judy, she was quick to tell me that what I made was just baked potatoes. Oh well, they look like fries and taste like fries so they must be fries 🙂

Peel and wash your potatoes. I used some huge potatoes, I normally find them easier to handle than those tiny ones.

Cut the potatoes into french fries. You can either use a knife and a cutting board or if you own a french fry cutter go ahead and use that.

In a wide bowl, add oil I normally use sunflower oil, paprika, salt and black pepper.

oven fries2

Add the potatoes.

oven fries3

Toss them to coat with the oil and paprika mixture.

oven fries4

For easy clean, line your baking tray with some aluminium foil. Then grease with some little oil or if you have non stick cooking spray you can use that.

oven fries5

Arrange the fries in one layer.

oven fries6

Bake for 30 -40 minutes or until done. I wanted mine somewhere between crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. If you want crispier fries bake for a little longer.

oven fries8

These babies were heavenly!! We even over ate! Yikes.

I can confidently say, not only are these oven fries healthier they are also better than deep fried ones. Yep, I said it. Doubting me? Give the recipe a try and thank me later 🙂

In other exciting news, my fellow food blogger and friend Aika of Pendo la mama featured me on her blog. Interested in learning a little more about my blogging and baking journey? Well then you can read the article here.

Oven Fries

• 5 - 6 potatoes, peeled washed and cut into 1/4 inch matchsticks
  • 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • Salt and Pepper to taste

Pre heat your oven at 200 degrees C.

Line your baking tray with some aluminium foil and grease the foil lightly.

In a wide bowl, mix the oil, paprika, salt and pepper.

Add the potatoes and toss until completely coated.

Arrange on the prepared tray, ensuring they are in a single layer.

Bake for 30-40 minutes or until crispy.

Serve and Enjoy.