Green Eggs

Hey foodies, I know, I’ve been away for a while but now I’m back 🙂

Green is my favourite colour so it would only make sense if some of my food is also green, right? Anyway, this is a simple breakfast recipe that could easily serve as light lunch or for brunch.

Ingredients:

Handful of broccoli florets

Handful of spring onions chopped

Handful of dhania finely chopped

1 tablespoon dried oregano

4 eggs lightly beaten

Salt and pepper to taste

2 tablespoons vegetable oil for frying

Start by stir frying the broccoli and onions. In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil, then pour in the greens.

DSCN0625

Toss the veggies around to ensure they cook. Do this for about 5 minutes. The broccoli should be green and have a crunch.

Season with salt and pepper.

DSCN0628

Stir in the chopped dhania and dried oregano into the eggs.

DSCN0629

Next pour in the egg mixture.

DSCN0633

Let the egg cook to your liking. We like ours well done.

Once the top is cooked, we get to the hard part. For this, you may need an extra pair of hands. Luckily hubby was around so he helped out.

egg turning 101
egg turning 101

And the turning was a success.

DSCN0638Let the other side cook for a few minutes then gently slide the eggs onto a plate and enjoy.

breakfast
breakfast

Delicious and very filling.

Enjoy.