Pulled Chicken Sandwiches

What do you do when you just have one chicken leg in the freezer but you have two mouths to feed?

Simple: Make chicken soup for hubby then shred the chicken to make sandwiches 🙂

Ingredients:

Pre cooked chicken leg – I had boiled it in water with onions, garlic and ginger

3 brown bread buns halved

2 tomatoes sliced

1 cucumber sliced

1 garlic clove halved

Mozzarella cheese slices

Tomato sauce

Margarine

This sandwich is pretty simple to do and gets ready in under 15 minutes, well if you had pre-cooked the chicken.

pre-cooked chicken leg

Start by pulling the chicken meat from the bone, hence pulled chicken.

pulling the chicken apart

Tada, chicken shreds.

chicken shreds

Now, prepare the buns to get ready to assemble the sandwich.

plain looking buns

Apply margarine on both halves, then toast them in a hot skillet for about 3 minutes or until they are crispy.

not so plain looking buns

Rub the garlic halves on the crispy side to just give the bread a light garlic taste.

Now, we are ready to assemble.

cucumber slices,tomato slices and mozzarella slices

Start by putting the cheese slices on one half.

Microwave for about 30 seconds to melt the cheese.

Pile on the remaining ingredients.

Add the tomatoes.

Add the chicken shreds.

almost done 🙂

Finally top off with the cucumber, then put the tomato sauce. In case you have mayonnaise you can also put that.

excuse the shadow
yummy

Dinner is served.

NOVEMBER
NOVEMBER
When you have all the ingredients on hand, magic ensues.

This is my take on an elevated hot dog.

Used cheese krainers from @taliofoodco , brown samoons from @carrefourkenya

Then some arugula.

The mustard is totally optional.

What are you adding in your elevated hot dog?
When you have all the ingredients on hand, magic ensues. This is my take on an elevated hot dog. Used cheese krainers from @taliofoodco , brown samoons from @carrefourkenya I also cooked some onions, they weren't fully caramelised as I didn't want to spend so much time in the kitchen. For avocado, I smashed it with the back of a spoon. I didn't add any salt as the cheese krainer is sufficient. Then some arugula. The mustard is totally optional. Since the krainer is cheesy, when you bit into it you get some cheesy goodness which is such a pleasant surprise. What are you adding in your elevated hot dog?