Onion and Pepper Fried Chicken

Once one gets married you sort of get different kinds of gifts from your spouse. So last week hubby dearest surprised me by buying some chicken legs and fish fillet. Yeah!!! I’m now more excited about chicken legs than chocolate.O-o  PS. He still gets me chocolate.

It had been a while since I had cooked some chicken legs. I was confused on what to do with them. After defrosting them, they lay on the kitchen counter as I tried to invent a recipe.

Still clueless on what to do with the chicken, I chopped up a white onion and sliced a bell pepper.

1 white onion chopped, 1 bell pepper sliced

So after much thought I decided to fry it.

In a saucepan/skillet add 1 tablespoon of oil. You don’t need a lot. Since I was using chicken legs from a broiler. They are pretty fatty. (I even had to trim some fatty off)

Place the chicken legs in the pan. Ensure you’ve sliced the legs to ensure the spices soak in.

Spices:

1 tablespoon garlic powder

1 tablespoon paprika

1 teaspoon black pepper

4-5 cardamon pods

Salt to taste

Sprinkle the spices on the chicken.

oily!!!

Cover and let the chicken cook for about 15 minutes on one side then flip over for the other side to cook.

I have to mention, at this point the aroma in the kitchen..Heavenly

The chicken…

After 30 minutes, and flipping the chicken twice. Toss in the onions and bell peppers.

all in…

So hubby, peeks and asks;

Hubby: No tomatoes?

Me: Should I add some them? (I reach for the fridge door to take the tomatoes)

Hubby: Yeah add at least one.

Me: I’m not so sure about it. I don’t want the sauce to be runny. (I toy with the idea and decide to just add one)

1 tomato diced

Cover and let the sauce cook down for about 5 minutes.

Then serve with ugali and vegetables.

onion and pepper fried chicken 🙂

(sorry forgot to wipe the sides of the plate)

Verdict:

Goodness!!! Delicious. Very flavourful.

Hubby gave it a thumbs up and tick.

PS. The addition of the tomato was just the cherry on top. Thanks hun.

One Comment