Egg Curry

Sorry Dee yet again I put up a recipe with eggs. Forgive me .

This is a recipe I learnt from my mother, we used to prepare this mostly to serve as an accompaniment for rice though one can also serve it with ugali or pasta.

I prepared this dish sometime last week. Being the final week of the month, I was a bit low on supplies so I just cooked what was available plus hubby had to rush to the kiosk to add the eggs. (such a darling).

Did I mention it takes less than 15 minutes to prepare? Yep… Quick fix 🙂

Start by chopping up the necessary ingredients.

one onion chopped, three tomatoes diced and one eggplant diced

In a bowl lightly beat 4 eggs and set aside.

In a saucepan add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and fry the onions. Season with salt and black pepper.

Once the onions are tender add the tomatoes and eggplants.

add a handful of basil and parsley, I used dried. Use fresh if you have.

Cover and let them cook down for around 5 minutes.

The sauce will look like this;

add a teaspoon of turmeric powder and stir.

Last and definitely the core ingredient of this dish add the eggs.

Don’t stir immediately, cover for about two minutes to allow the eggs to set then stir. The goal here is to achieve the look of scrambled eggs.

Once the eggs are cooked, we are ready to serve.

I served over some leftover rice.

stir fried sausage rice, steamed rice and the the egg curry

Verdict:

Goodness!!! The best egg curry ever, it was rich in flavour and taste. The basil was both savoury and aromatic.  This one was a definite win with hubby.

If I could do it over again:

Change nothing. Perhaps cook it more often.

Eggs are just so versatile. How else do you incorporate eggs in your meals especially lunch and dinner?