Vegetable Stir Fry

When you are a working wife, you really need to come up with recipes that can be whipped up in under 30 minutes :-). So I normally stock my fridge with veggies that can be cooked really fast and don’t need a lot of preparation. So what I usually do is, if I have french beans, I wash all of them then I remove the ends and then I pack them in paper bags and freeze.

So yesterday I had planned to prepare some vegetable stir fry, so in the morning I removed one pack of the french beans from the freezer and put it in the fridge section, to enable them to thaw by the time I got home in the evening.

The only time-consuming part of this recipe was the peeling and slicing of carrots, I think I’ll also be doing that in bulk (light bulb)

Since I was serving this with pasta, first, I put some good amount of water in a sufuria then I seasoned it with salt then covered to allow it to boil.

Now for the stir fry:

Fry onions and season with salt and black pepper

Once the onions are tender, add the veggies.

Carrots cut lengthwise and thawed french beans

Cover and let then cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes or so. You still want them to have a crunch  so don’t let them overcook.

Season the veggies with dried parsley and dried oregano leaves

At this point, the water had already boiled and I added in my pasta. I mixed spaghetti with some shell looking pasta. Let them cook as per the instructions in the pack or till al dente (cooked so as to be firm but not hard). Then drain over cold water.

I seasoned them with my newly bought rubbed basil (another addition to my spice rack).

See the different shapes, we all know they taste the same 🙂

Dinner is served. 30 minutes tops!

you can see the herbs on just about all the veggies

Verdict:

Simply delicious, especially the pasta, the basil just added such a beautiful taste and aroma.

The veggies were also very delicious. Hubby enjoyed dinner. #happywife