Peppers and Sausage Egg Muffin Cups

I decided to keep my daughters (4 1/2 and 3) occupied with some fun kitchen activity. I got them to actively help me make some egg muffin cups. As the name suggests these are eggs made in muffin cups. You make your desired filling then top off with some beaten eggs and bake. For these particular egg muffin cups we used sausages and bell peppers for the filling. For flavouring I worked with garlic and added some dried oregano since I find it pairs beautifully with eggs and ground coriander. There you have it peppers and sausage egg muffin cups. The girls each ate two in one sitting. #KidApproved Video:

Peppers and Sausage Egg Muffin Cups

• 10-12 eggs
  • 1 tbsp ground coriander
  • 1 tbsp dried oregano
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 small green bell pepper, diced
  • 1 small red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 small yellow bell pepper, diced
  • 5 beef sausages, fried and diced
  • Salt and pepper to taste

In a large bowl add the eggs , season with salt, pepper, half of the ground coriander and oregano. Lightly beat with a fork and set aside.

Pre heat your oven at 180°C

In the same pan that the sausages were in, over medium heat, add the onion, garlic and bell peppers. Season with salt , pepper and the rest of the oregano and ground coriander.

Cook for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally.

Once cooked, remove from heat and mix with cut up fried sausages.

Grease your cupcake tin with some oil.

Spoon over the sausage and bell pepper mixture, a third way into the cupcake tin.

Pour over the egg mixture to cover the filling. Almost all the way to the top.

Bake at 180°C for 18-20 minutes until the eggs are set.

Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing the egg muffin cups. You can use a butter knife to pry the edges for easy removal.

Perfect with a fresh salad on the side.

Makes 12 egg muffin cups

NOVEMBER
NOVEMBER
When you have all the ingredients on hand, magic ensues.

This is my take on an elevated hot dog.

Used cheese krainers from @taliofoodco , brown samoons from @carrefourkenya

Then some arugula.

The mustard is totally optional.

What are you adding in your elevated hot dog?
When you have all the ingredients on hand, magic ensues. This is my take on an elevated hot dog. Used cheese krainers from @taliofoodco , brown samoons from @carrefourkenya I also cooked some onions, they weren't fully caramelised as I didn't want to spend so much time in the kitchen. For avocado, I smashed it with the back of a spoon. I didn't add any salt as the cheese krainer is sufficient. Then some arugula. The mustard is totally optional. Since the krainer is cheesy, when you bit into it you get some cheesy goodness which is such a pleasant surprise. What are you adding in your elevated hot dog?