Coconut Chicken and Mushroom Spaghetti

Happy Valentine’s.

Spread some love through food. This easy and delicious coconut chicken and mushroom spaghetti will do the trick.

Think subtle masala and coconut flavours with some spaghetti.

For the ingredients you’ll need.

1 tablespoon unsalted butter
400gms button mushrooms sliced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 red onion finely chopped
3 garlic cloves minced
1 tablespoon garam masala
1 tablespoon dried oregano
500gms boneless chicken breast cubed
400ml coconut milk
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh parsley for garnish

Dawaat spaghetti

In a skillet, melt some butter then add the mushrooms. Remember not to crowd the pan, the goal is to saute the mushrooms.

Stirring occasionally, cook until lightly browned then remove and set aside.

In the same skillet, add some vegetable oil then the onions.

Cook until light and translucent, about two minutes.

Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.

Now add the chicken, garam masala, dried oregano, salt and black pepper.

Stir everything together.

Let the chicken cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes.

As the chicken is cooking, in a big pot bring lots of water to a rolling boil.

Generously salt the water.

Add the spaghetti and cook for 7 to 9 minutes.

Drain spaghetti and set aside.

Reserve about half a cup of the spaghetti water.

Once the chicken is cooked, add in the coconut milk.

Add the sauteed mushrooms.

Cook for about five minutes, then sprinkle over some chopped parsley.

Add the cooked spaghetti and mix.

You can lighten the sauce by adding some of the reserved spaghetti water.

Turn off the heat and serve.

Garnish with some fresh pars

#ILoveYouLikeSpaghettiLovesSauce