Grilled Chicken in Mushroom Sauce

Let me start by saying that I have always wanted to own a grill pan, a cast iron one to be precise. Long story short, I eventually landed on a local site that sells these grill pans plus many more cookware items.

Readers, meet my cast iron grill pan, this pan is the real deal, pretty heavy and also it’s pre seasoned so practically non-stick 🙂

grilled chicken1

Anyway, back to cooking. For the white wine mushroom sauce I made some  simple grilled chicken breasts to go with it.

The grilled chicken recipe requires only two ingredients, salt and black pepper.

grilled chicken2

Start by heating the grill pan, since it’s pretty heavy it takes a bit of time to heat up.

Wash and pat dry the chicken breasts.Generously season the chicken breasts with the salt and freshly ground black pepper. I seasoned just one side then seasoned the other side while it was on the pan.

Since I started using freshly ground black pepper in my cooking I have noticed a lovely change in the taste of the food, the black pepper taste is more defined, so people invest in a pepper mill.

grilled chicken3

Once the pan is heated, place the chicken breasts on it, seasoned side down.

grilledd chicken4

Now the hard part, don’t dare disturb the chicken, you want it to develop lovely and defined grill marks and you also need it not to stick. I didn’t use any oil, however a teaspoon or so of olive oil wouldn’t hurt.

Now season the top part with salt and black pepper.

Let the chicken breasts cook for 7 minutes then flip to cook the underside for another 7 minutes or so.

Essentially the chicken breast should be done and you can test by piercing the thickest part of the breast, if the juices run clear then it is done.

grilled chicken5

Since the chicken breast is thick it is paramount to ensure it cooks completely, if you feel that yours isn’t properly done you can either bake it in the oven at 325ºF for 10 – 15 minutes or before cooking the chicken, flatten it a bit with a meat mallet to ensure it is thinner.

Once the breasts are done, then dip them in the mushroom sauce.

grilled chicken6

Serve and enjoy.

grilled chicken7

The grilled chicken is pretty plain well except the salt and black pepper seasoning but once paired with the creamy and flavourful mushroom sauce, it’s a perfect ten, well according to my husband 🙂

So, looking to make something fancy without much hustle? Try this grilled chicken in mushroom sauce, a pure delight.

Perfect to serve with some pasta or mash.

grilled chicken8

P.S The grill pan can be purchased at 10% off when you use the coupon code: Tunapika

Offer applies to all cast iron cookware and valid until 25th February 2015.

Grilled Chicken in Mushroom Sauce

• 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
  • Salt
  • Black pepper
  • Olive oil, optional

Heat the grill pan.

Wash and pat dry the chicken breasts.

Season the top side generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Once the grill pan is heated, you can lightly oil then place the chicken breasts on it, seasoned side down.

Season the other side of the breasts with salt and black pepper.

Let the chicken breasts cook undisturbed for 7 minutes.

Flip and cook the other side for 7 minutes.

To test whether the chicken is cooked, pierce the thickest part of the chicken, if the juices run clear then it is done.

Dip the chicken breasts in the mushroom sauce.

Serve and enjoy.