Fried Chicken Strips

Easy as … fried chicken strips 🙂

At times I’m never too sure of what to cook so I normally settle on the star of the meal then I just go with the flow and during those moments I end up ‘creating’ my own recipes. This being one of them. The first time I made this I didn’t have any intention of posting on the blog but after positive reviews of photos I had posted on my facebook, I decided to make it again.

The simplicity of this recipe is in the minimal ingredients needed. I know some of you may wonder how one doesn’t cook with onions, but it happens and it’s something I do often. Anyway, let’s get to cooking 🙂

Ingredients:

2 boneless chicken breasts cut in strips

1 large red bell pepper sliced lengthwise then in half

Dried oregano leaves

Salt and black pepper to taste

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

The chicken strips are cut easily when the chicken is between frozen and thawed.

DSCN0612

red!
red!

In a shallow pan or skillet heat the oil. Then throw in the chicken strips.

DSCN0613

Excuse the pan, it’s quite old, one of hubby’s when he was still a bachelor 🙂

Cook the chicken for about 15 minutes. Season with salt and some black pepper.

DSCN0614

Then add the bell peppers and sprinkle over the oregano about a tablespoon will do.

DSCN0616

Let the peppers cook down, as they cook the chicken will also brown up a bit.

Serve and enjoy.