chocolate orange pancakes leotunapika

Chocolate Orange Pancakes

There are those combinations that work so well together and chocolate and orange is one of them. I paired the two to make some fluffy pancakes which disappeared in seconds after they were done. Once again, my non pancake eating brother , Mr. Jobs devoured several.

I also got some kitchen toys from Kilimall which I was testing out. These molds can be used when frying eggs or pancakes to yield cute shapes or as cookie cutters.

They have plastic tops which make handling easy, however two of mine detached with the first use. Other than that they worked as they are supposed to, just remember to grease them before putting in the pan. Another tip, they worked best with pancake batter which is more viscous unlike eggs.

chocolate-orange-pancakes-leotunapika-9

For the pancakes this is what I used;

chocolate-orange-pancakes-leotunapika

In a large bowl, add the eggs and sugar.

chocolate-orange-pancakes-leotunapika-2Beat using a fork.

chocolate-orange-pancakes-leotunapika-4For the orange zest, I used the zest from Egyptian oranges since their skin is thick thus grating is easier.

Whenever you are using zest of any kind, be it lemon, lime or orange always try your best to zest directly to the dish your making that way you get all the oils from them.

chocolate-orange-pancakes-leotunapika-3

In goes the milk.

chocolate-orange-pancakes-leotunapika-5In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.

chocolate-orange-pancakes-leotunapika-6

Make a well in the dry ingredients then pour in the wet and combine.

My toddler is at the stage where she likes assisting in the kitchen so I let her help out where she can.
chocolate-orange-pancakes-leotunapika-8

Let the batter rest for about 15 minutes then start frying.

Heat up your skillet then add about a tablespoon of vegetable oil.

chocolate-orange-pancakes-leotunapika-7

chocolate-orange-pancakes-leotunapika-9Using a 1/4 cup measure, pour in the batter in the molds.

chocolate-orange-pancakes-leotunapika-10

chocolate-orange-pancakes-leotunapika-11Once bubbles start forming the pancakes are ready to be flipped. Start by removing the molds if using before flipping.

chocolate-orange-pancakes-leotunapika-12Repeat the frying procedure until the batter is finished.

Serve with your favourite syrup.

I squeezed over some orange juice and drizzled some melted chocolate.

chocolate orange pancakes

chocolate-orange-pancakes-leotunapikachocolate orange pancakes leotunapikaFluffy, citrousy and chocolate goodness. They over in a matter of minutes.

Up your pancake game with these delicious pancakes.

chocolate orange pancakes leotunapika chocolate orange pancakes leotunapika

Disclaimer: The molds were provided by Kilimall but the views and opinions expressed are mine.

Chocolate Orange Pancakes

• 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 cups milk
  • Zest of 2 Egyptian oranges
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/4 unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • Oil for the frying

In a bowl, add eggs and sugar and beat with a fork until a little frothy,

Zest in the oranges then add the milk and combine.

In another bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.

Make a well in the dry ingredients mixture then pour in the wet.

Mix until incorporated.

Let the batter rest for 15 minutes.

Heat up your skillet or griddle.

Add about a tablespoon of oil and swirl the skillet to coat.

Using a quarter cup measure pour in the batter.

Once bubbles form flip to cook the other side.

Repeat the frying procedure until the batter is done.

Serve warm with your favourite syrup