Fish in a Foil

Looking to make a quick meal with minimal dishes to wash? How about making fish in a foil.

Just as the name suggests, fish is baked in a foil.

I made this some time last week. I have been trying to work on healthier recipes for the blog.

Take your aluminium foil, cut a size enough to make a pocket to hold a fish fillet. Grease with some little olive oil.

foiled fish 1

Make a bed for the fillet with some slices of onion, I used some yellow onion slices.

Since I was making four fish fillets, I used different seasoning for each fillet. Another great advantage of this recipe, you can serve up different flavours without much hassle.

I added some rosemary leaves for this fillet.
foiled fish 4

Lay the fish fillet on the bed.

foiled fish 5

Season the fillet with salt and black pepper. Then fold over the other side of the foil to make a package of sorts. Fold over the sides to seal the package.

sealed
sealed

Repeat the above procedures for the all the fillets you intend to use.

I topped this one with some ground coriander and of course salt and pepper.

foiled fish 7

On another I used paprika and the final one I simply used rosemary leaves with salt and black pepper.

Remember to preheat your oven.

Bake the fish for 20 minutes at 180°C.

I placed all the fish packages on my oven tray and then baked them.

Once cooked, serve and top off with the onions that acted as the bed.

Paprika and Rosemary Onion Baked Tilapia
Paprika and Rosemary Onion Baked Tilapia
Rosemary and Peppered Onion baked tilapia
Rosemary and Peppered Onion baked tilapia

The fish was soft, juicy and very delicious.

I served it with some stir fried carrots and cauliflower and some boiled bananas coated in coconut flakes.

foiled fish 12foiled fish 11

Fish in a Foil

• 4 fish fillets
  • 2 medium sized yellow onions sliced
  • Seasoning:
  • Rosemary leaves
  • Coriander powder
  • Paprika
  • Salt
  • Black pepper
  • Olive oil

Cut out four sheets of aluminium foil big enough to make a pocket for the fish fillet.

Pre heat the oven at 180 degrees C

Take each aluminium sheet, grease half of the sheet with some olive oil.

Make a bed for the fish fillet with a layer of sliced onions and some rosemary leaves.

Place the fish fillet and season with salt and black pepper.

Once season, cover the fillet and seal the sides of the foil package created.

Repeat the procedure for other fillets and you can switch up the seasoning as desired.

Bake for 20 minutes.