Spicy Potatoes

I love me some potatoes.

Some random Tuesday last week I decide to cook some potatoes I’d been given by my mother in love. As usual I baked them. It’s funny how they are called roast potatoes anyway as long I don’t deep fry, I’m good.

This recipe closely resembles this, only that I was aiming for more spice so I used paprika and black pepper plus a little dried parsley.

I peeled the potatoes, washed and wedged them. Then in a sufuria I add the potato wedges and cover with water add a good amount of salt then bring that to a boil.

I also added a sprig of fresh rosemary (from my mom-in-love’s kitchen garden) for flavour

As the potatoes are cooking, prepare the coating. This time I decide to try something different. Instead of coating the potatoes while on the baking tray, I put all the spices in a ziploc bag. In case you don’t have one you can use an ordinary polythene bag. In the bag add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, 2-3 tablespoons of paprika,1/2 teaspoon of black pepper and some dried parley. Then shake and shake.

Once the potatoes are ready, you want them semi cooked, drain, then pat dry with a kitchen towel. Toss the potatoes into the ziploc bag that has the spice mixture, shake some more untill all the potatoes are well coated.

Spicing the potatoes

Remember to pre heat the oven at 350.

Line you baking tray with some aluminium foil, then spread out the potato wedges in one layer.

The flash really brightens up the photo

Let them bake for about 20-25 minutes.

Voila! Spicy potatoes

Verdict:

Spicy, crunchy and delicious. Served them with some fish fingers ,chicken smokies. Had my accompaniments all mixed up.

NOVEMBER
NOVEMBER
When you have all the ingredients on hand, magic ensues.

This is my take on an elevated hot dog.

Used cheese krainers from @taliofoodco , brown samoons from @carrefourkenya

Then some arugula.

The mustard is totally optional.

What are you adding in your elevated hot dog?
When you have all the ingredients on hand, magic ensues. This is my take on an elevated hot dog. Used cheese krainers from @taliofoodco , brown samoons from @carrefourkenya I also cooked some onions, they weren't fully caramelised as I didn't want to spend so much time in the kitchen. For avocado, I smashed it with the back of a spoon. I didn't add any salt as the cheese krainer is sufficient. Then some arugula. The mustard is totally optional. Since the krainer is cheesy, when you bit into it you get some cheesy goodness which is such a pleasant surprise. What are you adding in your elevated hot dog?

1. Pingback: Fish Fingers – Take 2 « Leo Tunapika?

2. Pingback: Grandma's Onion Fried Chicken - Leo Tunapika?