Terrific Tuesdays

I’ll be speaking for most people in saying that we normally love these offers. This mainly applies to fast food, especially pizzas and burgers.

Anyway on Tuesday, I had a brilliant idea of making pizza for dinner. The last time I made pizza I was still leaving with my parents and I have to say for a first timer I was pretty ambitious since I also attempted to make the dough, which didn’t turn out too great O-o. The pizza was still edible though.

Well a couple of months later and change of status, I can say I’m much wiser. I decided to buy ready made pizza bread *genius*. Once you have the bread everything else is pretty simple.

The good about pizzas is that you can top them with almost any food that tickles your fancy.

Keeping in terrific Tuesday fashion, I decided to make 2.

Ingredients:

Lots of mozzarella cheese

Sauce

3 cloves of garlic chopped

3 tomatoes diced

Salt

Black pepper

pineapple chunks,sliced and grated mozzarella cheese,sliced onions

So I started by making the sauce, which will form the base for the toppings.

in a saucepan, fry your garlic till golden then add the tomatoes

As the sauce is cooking, fry the bacon then set aside.

bacon *yummy*

Now for the sausages,I removed the meat from the casings then fried them together with the sliced onions.

crumbled sausage meat and onions

After the sausage meat was cooked and set aside. Pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees then assemble the pizzas.

store bought pizza bread

Step 1:

Spread the tomato sauce on the pizza dough, generously

Step 2:

Put the cheese slices

After doing this, I put the pizzas in the oven for about 5 minutes to allow the cheese to sort of melt. In case you are running against time you can skip this and just put all the toppings then bake.

Step 3:

add the sliced eggplants and diced bell pepper

Step 4:

On one pizza, I topped with bacon and pineapples

bacon and pineapple chunks

On the other I put the sausage and onion mixture.

I also added some pineapple chunks

Finally top off with the grated cheese

my ‘Hawaiian’ pizzas

Finally, place in the oven.

You just want the cheese to melt and the eggplants to cook, so 7 minutes are enough.

In my excitement, I totally forgot to add in the herbs when I was assembling the pizza, so I just sprinkled some oregano when I removed them from the oven.

Dinner is served.

enjoy

Verdict:

Hubby loved it.

This was a success.

If I could do it over again:

Probably remember to add the herbs during stage 1. I think I’d also not pre melt the cheese, since the bread almost burned O-o

PS. For my friend Dee who doesn’t like pineapples in her food, you can totally eliminate them from this recipe, it will still taste as good 🙂

1. Pingback: How to: Pizza Dough | Leo Tunapika?